Please make sure that the data in your Google Sheets should include the following column headers: User ID, User name, External ID.
In the following example from Google Sheets, the User ID is the employee ID (that could also be a phone number, e-mail or another unique number per employee), the User Name is the name of the employee and the External ID should be a unique number for each registration (e.g. row number). Value and Customer name are custom fields:
Example on how your Google Sheet could look like.
Important note: Date format on date columns in spreadsheet
It is very important the date format is correct in your spreadsheet.
- Click 'File' > 'Spreadsheet settings'
- Select Denmark.
- Mark your date column and click 'Format' > 'More date and time formats'
- Make sure to select YYYY-MM-DD
This affects formatting details such as functions, dates, and currency.
Important: Before you begin, you'll need to create a data source in Plecto:
- Go to 'Data management' > 'Data sources' > 'New data source'.
- Select 'Custom Input' under 'Manual data entry'.
- Write what kind of data you want to collect (e.g. Sales, Leads, Budgets).
- Design the registration box (optional). Here you can add fields to the registration box. You can add as many as you like.
- Click 'Save'.
Example on how to set up and design the data source in Plecto.
After creating the data source in Plecto, simply go to 'New data source' in Plecto.
- Select Zapier under 'Other'.
- Select Google Sheets in the list of zaps by clicking on 'Use this zap'.
1) Select your Trigger:
- Select your trigger: Google Sheets.
- Select New or Updated Spreadsheet Row.
- Connect your Google Account.
- Set up the spreadsheet:
2) Select your Action:
- Select Plecto > 'Create a new registration'.
- Connect your Plecto account.
- Edit the template:
Please make sure that the template is filled out correctly:
- Integration Name: Make sure to always write it the same way, if you use multiple zaps from the same 3rd party system, as we use the name to group the users together.
- User ID: Employee ID, e-mail or a unique name/number of each employee.
- User Name: The name of the employee.
- External ID: A unique number for each registration, e.g. row number/ID.
- You might have to click 'Refresh Fields' to show the custom field(s) you have created in you API data source in Plecto.
Important: Zapier Formatter
Please make sure to use the Formatter in Zapier. You will find it in between the Trigger and Action. Click on the + and select the formatter:
Make sure the format is the same as in the spreadsheet: YYYY-MM-DD