This small guide will get you started on connecting your web apps with Zapier in order to share data and visualize it in Plecto.
Before you begin, you'll need to create a data source in Plecto:
- Go to 'Data management' > 'Data sources' > 'New data source'.
- Select 'Plecto API'.
- Write what kind of data you want to collect (e.g. Sales, Leads, Budgets).
- Design the registration box (optional). Here you can add fields to the registration box. You can add as many as you like.
- Click 'Save'.
Example on how to set up and design the data source in Plecto.
After creating the API data source in Plecto, simply go to Zapier and make a Zap.
- Click 'Make a Zap!'.
- Set up the 'Trigger' step: Choose your 'Trigger App', and follow the guide step by step described by Zapier.
- Set up the 'Action' step: Choose your 'Action', and set up your Plecto registration.
- Fill out the template (Integration name, User ID, User Name, Data source, External ID). Use the list option to add a dynamic text.
Use Case: How to connect Google Sheets to Plecto
Please make sure that the data in your Google Sheets should include the following:
User ID, User name, External ID.
In the following example from Google Sheets the User ID is the e-mail of the employee (that could also be employee ID), the User Name is the name of the employee and the External ID should be a unique number for each registration:
Example on how your Google Sheet could look like.
How to fill out your template in Zapier:
- Integration Name: Make sure to always write it the same way, if you use multiple zaps from the same 3rd party system, as we use the name to group the users together.
- User ID: Employee ID, e-mail or a unique name/number of the employee.
- User Name: The name of the employee.
- External ID: A unique number for each registration.
- You might have to click 'Refresh Fields' to show the custom field(s) you have created in you API data source in Plecto.
Need more help? Please get in touch with us via the chat icon. You are also more than welcome to book a meeting with support 😃